Welcome to the Greek Whisky Association. A group of whisky enthusiasts based in Greece who will meet, taste, test and talk about different whiskies and generally enjoy the king of the spirits. It is a hard job, but someone has to do it.
GWA organizes group trips to Scotland giving fellow members a chance to experience the magnificence of the Scots landscape and visit in person, the malt whisky distilleries in various parts of the country.
We will also welcome guests from various distilleries and whisky companies who are actually responsible for creating the spirit we celebrate.
Wouldn’t you rather be someone’s shot of whisky than everyone’s cup of tea?
Whisky is a drink that brings people together.
Greek Whisky Association is an opportunity to get into Whisky, improve on your existing skills or meetup with others who share your passion for a good quality drink!
A community of whisky lovers enjoying a casual dram or two in Greece; that is all.
The society is a not-for-profit community for lovers of whisky where its members enjoy quality over quantity, all while having fun.
To provide our members with the ultimate Whisky experience. From history to food, culture and cocktails, we want all of our members to have an enrichment of what Whisky is, was, and will continue to be all while developing a community that can share in the wonderful world of whisky. We hope you join us on this journey… Cheers!
As the Greek Whisky Association is a not for profit organization, it relies completely on the member’s registration fees, along with additional funds donated by our sponsors and supporters.
For any inquiries regarding the GWA, please go to the….
The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed.” -David Daiches, Scotch Whisky 1969
Membership of the society is open to all over the age of 21. The annual subscription covers a 12-month period. To join or renew your subscription, please us an email in:
Not a member yet?
We invite you to become a member of the Greek Whisky Association.
The benefits of joining the society include:
Advance notice of all GWA Event & networking Function held throughout the year
Invitations to Members-Only Whisky Events, Social Events, Seminars and Dinners
Feints & Foreshots newsletter with advice on whisky launches and industry functions
Members only access to special GWA bottlings
How do I join?
Simply send us an email in: and we will provide you all the information
What to expect at an GWA event:
- Experienced whisky drinkers.
- Inexperienced whisky drinkers.
- A respect for the whisky and the desire to study and appreciate it.
- A lively and enjoyable night. Mix whisky and good friends and this will happen.
- A whisky experience far more affordable than a night out drinking at a bar.
- Someone who wants to hear you talk about scotch.
- Someone willing to share knowledge. We love to hear ourselves discuss scotch.
- Mixed company. We have men and women, young and old. Anyone over 21 is welcome to partake, and do.
- Many whisky expressions that are new, rare, or obscure.
- Non-scotch whiskies, especially from distilleries making scotch-like sprits.
What NOT to expect at an GWA event:
- A stodgy tasting where a kilted guru preaches about what you are drinking in a room full of hushed listeners.
- A booze-fest. We may have a good time, but we are not a frat party and our members are expected to behave respectfully.
- Boring whisky.
- Events purely for networking. Yes, we are mostly professionals, and friendships often lead to other things. Our primary focus is sharing whisky.
- A formal lesson for beginners. We explain what we are drinking but we won’t teach you how to drink it, although any member will be happy to help.