What to expect at an GWA event:
• Experienced whisky drinkers.
• Inexperienced whisky drinkers.
• A respect for the whisky and the desire to study and appreciate it.
• A lively and enjoyable night. Mix whisky and good friends and this will happen.
• A whisky experience far more affordable than a night out drinking at a bar.
• Someone who wants to hear you talk about scotch.
• Someone willing to share knowledge. We love to hear ourselves discuss scotch.
• Mixed company. We have men and women, young and old. Anyone over 21 is welcome to partake, and do.
• Many whisky expressions that are new, rare, or obscure.
• Non-scotch whiskies, especially from distilleries making scotch-like sprits.
What NOT to expect at an GWA event:
• A stodgy tasting where a kilted guru preaches about what you are drinking in a room full of hushed listeners.
• A booze-fest. We may have a good time, but we are not a frat party and our members are expected to behave respectfully.
• Boring whisky.
• Events purely for networking. Yes, we are mostly professionals, and friendships often lead to other things. Our primary focus is sharing whisky.
• A formal lesson for beginners. We explain what we are drinking but we won’t teach you how to drink it, although any member will be happy to help.
No Published Future Event Found
Please Also Make Sure You Have Plugin Installed!